书城外语出行英语会话想说就会说
3155800000007

第7章 乘轮船旅行

订(买)船票

中西文化

乘船旅行之前,一定要弄清楚你们要乘坐的轮船的时间,因为各个季节的气候不同,每天潮汐 (tide) 的时间不同,开船的时间一般来说也不是非常固定,因此在买票时要确认 (confirm) 开船时间,而且在乘船当天,要打电话给海港问询处 (inquiry office) 进行确认,以免误船。由于风浪太大,轮船误期 (delayed)甚至取消 (cancelled) 的情况也是常见的,这时你可以退票 (refund the ticket) 换乘火车或飞机,另外你也可以保留船票 (keep the ticket),等天气好转后,再乘下一班船旅行。

典型对话

1.询 问 船 票 信 息

A:I'd like to go to Santorini. Is there any service tomorrow evening?

A:我想到圣托里尼岛。明天下午有船吗?

B:Sorry. But it's not the high season, so we have service only on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

B:对不起,这不是旺季,因此只在星期一、星期三、星期五有船。

A:What a shame! I have to wait for three days! Is there any other possibility?

A:真糟了!我要等3天!有没有其他可行的方法呢?

B:I'm afraid not. Sorry for that.

B:对不起,恐怕没有了。

2.买 卧 舱 票

A:I'll take the ferry then. Are there any cabins?

A:我想乘船。有卧舱吗?

B:There're only seats.

B:只有座位。

A:OK. I want two tickets for Monday evening.

A:好的,我要两张星期一晚上的船票。

B:Thank you very much.

B:谢谢。

3.订 船 票

A:Hello, I want make a reservation for a Singapore cruise.

A:你好。我要订一张新加坡的轮船票。

B:When will you set out?

B:您要什么时候出发?

A:October. I want seven days and six nights package with three ports of call.

A:10月。我要7天6夜,3次靠港的航程。

B:OK. There is one on October 7th by Star Cruise. The three ports of call are Singapore, Phuket, and Langkawi.

B:好的。丽星邮轮10月7日有一航程,途中停靠新加坡、普吉岛和兰卡威港。

A:Good!

A:那好。

4.询 问 票 价

A:How much does the sea view stateroom cost for per person? And how about inside staterooms?

A:海景舱房每位价格是多少呢?内侧舱房呢?

B:For reserving before two weeks from the sailing date, sea view stateroom's price is 2,400 dollars for per person, inside stateroom is 1,500dollars for per person.

B:两星期前报名的话,海景舱房每位2400美元。内舱房每位1500美元。

A:I see. Does that include fees for shore excursions?

A:我知道了。有没有包括岸上观光费呢?

B:No. It doesn't. But it includes all other onboard activities.

B:不含岸上观光费,但其他船上的活动都包括了。

5.预 订 观 光 票

A:How many different options are there for shore excursion in America? Should I prebook them?

A:请问在美国的岸上观光有几种选择呢?要事先预订吗?

B:Yes. There are three options, and they all need to be prebooked. The city tour fee is 60 dollarsfor per person, and dinner is included.

B:是的。有3种选择,都需事先预订。市区观光团每位团费60美元,包括晚餐。

A:Thanks a lot. Then I've decided to book a cruise ticket with an inside stateroom. And a city tour in America, a cultural tour, and a free beach tour, please.

A:谢谢。我要订一张内侧舱房的船票。请另加美国市区观光、文化之旅及海滩自由行。

6.预 订 舱 位

A:I want to go to the North Ferry next Monday. Do I need a reservation?

A:下星期一我想到北渡口。我需要提前预订吗?

B:Yes, you do.

B:是的,要预订。

A:Are there any unreserved first class cabin?

A:头等舱还是没有舱位吗?

B:I'm afraid the first class cabin is full.

B:对不起,头等舱已经满了。

A:What about a berth of second class cabin?

A:那么二等舱的舱位还有吗?

B:Let me see. Yes, there are already some.

B:我看看。是的,还有一些。

A:OK. Could you reserve one for me?

A: 好的。你能给我预订一个吗?

B:That's fine. Three hundred and sixty yuan, please.

B:好的。请付360元。

7.渡 船 观 光

A:Hello. How many people are there in your group?

A:你好,你们整团一共几个人?

B:There are ten of us. We want to go to Ellis Island to see the Statue of Liberty. What's the fare?

B:我们有10个人。我们要到埃利斯岛去看自由女神像。票价多少?

A:The one way ticket is five dollars and round trip is eight dollars a person.

A:单程票价是一个人5美元,往返票价是一个人8美元。

B:How long can we stay out there?

B:我们可以在那儿停留多久?

A:As long as you want. The ferry runs every hour.

A:你要停留多久都行。渡船每小时开一班。

B:We're probably going to stay several hours and take the tour of Lady liberty.

B:我们可能会停留几个小时,游览一下女神像。

A:Our last ferry from the island is at 8:00 p.m. If you don't make that one, you will all be stranded out there until 8:00 a.m. the next day.

A:我们最后一班离开该岛的渡船是下午8点。如果你们没有赶上那一班,你们就会被困在那儿到第二天早上8点。

B:Thanks for pointing that out to us. We'll be sure to be back by then.

B:谢谢你提醒我们。我们一定会在那之前回来。

On the Ship乘坐邮轮

中西文化

旅途中,由于疲劳,有时会感觉不舒服,尤其是在乘坐轮船时,经常会有晕船的情况发生,这时最好向乘务员说明。sick 除了有“生病”的意思外,也有想“呕吐”的意思,如果您直接表示想呕吐,最好用 vomiting 或者 throwing up。

典型对话

1.海 峡 邮 轮

A:The channel boats are quite fast, aren't they?

A:这艘海峡船开得很快,是吗?

B:Yes, very. They make the trip in about an hour.

B:是的,非常快。这趟旅行大约要1小时。

A:I hope we shan't have a rough passage.

A:但愿我们在旅途中不要遇到风浪。

B:No, I hope not. I want to have a deck chair and enjoy the crossing.

B:我也是这么希望的,我想在甲板上放一把椅子,欣赏穿越海峡的沿途风景。

A:That's a good idea.

A:这是个好主意。

B:The sea seems quite calm, so there will be no fear of seasickness.

B:看上去大海很平静,可以不用担心晕船了。

2.丽 星 邮 轮

A:Donna, I really love Star Cruise. It's very modern and elegant.

A:堂娜,我真喜欢丽星邮轮。它非常现代而且优雅。

B:It is. By the way, do they have a hair and beauty salon on board?

B:是啊!对了,船上有美容院吗?

A:Yes. Right next to the laundry.

A:有啊。就在洗衣店隔壁。

B:Great. I'd like to do my hair there. There is a cocktail party tonight.

B:那好,我想去做个发型。晚上有鸡尾酒会呢。

A:Really? Isn't there a Jazz show tonight?

A:真的吗?不是有个爵士表演吗?

B:Oh, my dear Karen, you probably didn't listen to the captain's broadcasting very carefully. That's tomorrow night.

B:哦!凯琳,你大概没仔细听船长的广播。那是明天晚上。

A:So that's when it is.

A:原来如此。

3.长 途 客 轮

A:Have you ever been on a long distance ship?

A:你坐过长途客轮吗?

B:Yes, once I went to Japan by ship. Why did you ask this?

B:坐过,有一次我去日本是坐船的。为什么要问这个?

A:I was wondering if it's very common to have sea sickness.

A:我在想晕船是不是很普遍的事。

B:I don't know how the others feel. But I had sea sickness.

B:我不知道别人感觉怎么样。反正我是晕船了。

A:Oh, that must be terrible. Did you throw up?

A:噢,那肯定很惨。你吐了吗?

B:Yes, I was almost dead when we landed. I'll never travel by sea again.

B:是的,我们上岸的时候我都快要死了。我再也不坐远洋客轮了。

4.将 在 新 加 坡 停 靠

A:Will we be calling at any ports on the way?

A:我们沿途要在一些港口停靠吗?

B:Yes. We'll call at Singapore tomorrow morning.

B:是的。明天早晨我们将在新加坡停靠。

A:How long will we stay there?

A:我们会停多久?

B:About an hour.

B:大约1小时。

5.晕 船

A:I feel seasick. Please give me something for it.

A:我感到晕船,请给我点药吃。

B:In that case, you should come up on deck.

B:既然如此,您应该到甲板上去。

A:Why?

A:为什么?

B:Fresh air would do you a lot of good. Let me get a chair for you.

B:新鲜空气对您大有好处。我去给您拿一把椅子。

6.准 备 下 船

A:Shall we get off the ship?

A:我们可以下船了吗?

B:Wait a moment, please. The gangway is being lowered.

B:请稍等。正在放下舷梯。

A:I can't wait to see the beautiful city.

A:我等不及要看看这座美丽的城市。

B:Hope you have a good time.

B:希望您玩得高兴。

Leaving Harbour、Entering Harbour离港、进港

中西文化

在乘船通关时,英语会话并不复杂,但许多人面对海关人员 (Customs Inspector) 时都感到手足无措。其实,任何一国的海关人员一般都是很友好的。只要按照他们的要求行事,并不会遇到什么麻烦。并且通过海关时的英语会话也不复杂,只要理解并记住:duty (税)、dutiable (要交税的)、dutyfree (免税的)和 declare (申报)等几个关键词基本上就可以和海关人员对话了。

典型对话

1.起 锚

A:The tide is flooding. Now let us proceed into the harbour.

A:涨潮了。现在我们开始进港。

B:Shall we weigh anchor now?

B:我们现在起锚吗?

A:Yes, heave away anchor.

A:是的,起锚。

B:How long will it take us from here to the harbour?

B:从这里到港口需多久?

A:It'll take about an hour to get there.

A:约1小时可到达。

B:I see.

B:我知道了。

2.全 速 前 进

A:Stand by engine! Amidships! What course are you steering now, Captain?

A:备车。正舵。船长,你船航向几度?

B:Course 120 degrees.

B:航向120度。

A:OK. Ring full speed ahead!

A:好!请摇全速前进铃。

B:Full speed ahead! Engine is full speed ahead. Pilot.

B:全速前进!主机全速前进,引水员先生。

3.抛 锚

A:Let go the anchor, two shackles in the water. Send a heaving line ashore.

A:抛锚,两节链下水。送一根引缆上岸。

B:Head line ashore first?

B:我们先送首缆上岸吗?

A:Yes, head line first, then spring. Heave away the head line! Send out the stem lines. Heave away the stern line!

A:是的,先送首缆,再送倒缆。绞首缆!道出尾缆。绞尾缆!

B:Is the ship in position now?

B:现在船到位了吗?

A:Yes, she is. Heave all the lines tight and make them fast. Slack the anchor chain down to the bottom.

A:是的,船到位了。所有缆绳收紧,绑牢。锚链松出到水底。

B:You have done a good job, Mr. Pilot. Thank you very much. Here is your pilotage receipt. I've signed it.

B:引水员先生,你干得很好。谢谢你。这是你的引航收据。我已经签过字了。

A:Thanks.

A:谢谢。

4.开 航 命 令

A:Pilot, all the crew are now on board. We are ready for your order to sail.

A:引水员先生,全体船员现在已在船上。我们正等待你的开航命令。

B:We shall sail in a minute. Please hoist the blue Peter.

B:我们过一会儿就开航。现在请升起开船旗。

A:The sailor on duty is hoisting the Blue Peter now.

A:值班水手正升起开船旗 (P 字旗)。

5.开 航 程 序

A:Be ready to cast off. Single up fore and aft!

A:准备解锁。船头和船尾各留一根缆!

B:Single up fore and aft!

B:船头和船尾各留一根缆!

A:Make fast the tugs fore and aft!

A:前后拖轮绑牢!

B:Make fast the tugs for and aft!... Tugs fast.

B:前后拖轮绑牢!……拖轮已绑牢。

A:Let everything go!

A:解掉甩的缆绳!

B:Let everything go!

B:解掉甩的缆绳!

A:Heave up the anchor!

A:起锚!

B:Heave up the anchor! ... Anchor is up.

B:起锚!……锚已出水。

A:Slow ahead engine!... Port a little!

A:前进!……左舵一点!

B:Slow ahead engine!...

B:前进!……